Transferring to another MFA program?

meghanmetier

Does anyone have advice to reapplying to your top school after you've already started your second choice?

I applied for grad school 2 years ago as a way for me to figure out how the hell to get out of my home state, didn't get into my top choice, deferred to my second choice and moved to NYC for the hell of it.  Had a terrible time trying to adjust myself as in make art and meet people, went to my 2nd choice school because I wasn't meeting people, didn't have resources to make the work I want, and couldn't find a job in art that wasn't a commute to Jersey.  I don't think I'm being particularly challenged in my current program and I really want that challenge.  

I'm going to reapply to my top choice this year, and I may have a better chance since I have made friends in the program, my work has drastically improved in concept and execution and I have matured a lot as an individual, but any pointers about what to write in my statement of purpose?  Should I point out that I'm currently in a program that is leaving a lot to be desired?

Thank you!