Grant Writing

jwiz

@jwiz I think some universities have classes or programs about grant writing, but I imagine it is something you learn over time, more like a self-taught thing. I am sure an advisor would help with that sort of thing by giving advice and feedback on your proposals, but I believe it's just something you get used to doing over time.

Edited by Moods 2.0

@jwiz Well, during my undergraduate, I was actually required to take a English class for research and scientific writing where one of the assignments was to write a fake grant with two other people. That was the only experience I have so far of doing such a thing, though. While researching graduate programs, I noticed that some schools have training programs and some of those programs have classes where you can take a grant writing class. Otherwise, I suspect your research advisor will be the one to help you, but there will be a lot of learning along the way. It is all very dependent on the university and its department, in my opinion. I would do a lot of research on the universities you are applying to and maybe even contact graduate students to see what is done there in terms of learning grant writing.