Can I get into the UNT Clinical Psych PhD program with meh GRE scores?

Skinner

Question

I am currently finishing my application for UNT's Clinical Psychology Ph.D. program, but I'm worried about my chances of getting in because of my so-so GRE scores. My verbal score was 159 (83rd percentile) and my writing score was 5 (92nd percentile), but my quantitative score was 140 (8th percentile). Will this less-than-stellar score overshadow my other qualities? I have an overall GPA of 3.9 and a major GPA (psychology) of 4.0, I have strong letters of recommendation (including one from the head of the psychology department at my university), my statement of purpose was specific, and I have at least 2 years of research experience in cognitive psychology. I also work as a medical scribe, have been tutoring psychological statistics for 1 year (maybe that will prove to the admissions committee that I'm good at math that's relevant to the field?), and have been volunteering for various causes since I was 10. Any input would be helpful, even it's not what I want to hear.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet