Vague SOP instructions

These are the instructions for the SOP the MPA program I'm applying to is asking for: "Please upload a copy of your Personal Statement. Pease give your reasons for deciding to do graduate work int field you have chosen. Include a statement concerning your past work (study and research) in your chosen field, your plans for study, including issues and problems you want to address, and your professional goals."

This just seems so vague! What are these 'issues and problems' I can address? Does that mean issues with me, like trying to overcome a low GRE score, or issues that I want to work on through my grad work? And is there space in this to talk about me personally, or do they only want to know about my academic and professional qualifications?

That's referring to personal, professional, or academic challenges you've encountered or areas that you believe to be gaps in your application. Remember to end on a positive note and stress how you've overcome them rather than dwell on the "issues and problems". They want to hear how you made it out on the other side stronger and better.