Gtown/MPP

orangedonkey

I was told by the admissions officer that the admissions decision will come to me by mail....rather than e-mail, but I've seen ppl who got in received the e-mail notification. So, does that mean they actually have rejected me?

I heard that if the school doesnt want you, they will not tell u directly via the e-mail but send you a letter... :cry:

That makes sense. Seems like the ones that got acceptances heard the week before last. Either they have already made their decisions or maybe they send out a round of acceptances and rejections every couple of weeks.

I'm getting to the point where I don't care as much. I've gotten a slew of rejections (law schools) in this cycle, with the first one being from Gtown, so I think I'm pretty tempered for a rejection, especially with my numbers.

Good luck! We'll find out soon enough!

hum, i most definitely got an email (13th Feb), and another a few days ago about a scholarship committee meeting... so thats interesting. They have contacted me perhaps 3 times with info on admissions/visit days.

I'd say don't give up hope, as alot of schools I've been told deal with applications in batches. There is no way I was a "top choice" candidate for GTown...

• 2 weeks later...

so what do you guys think I could do to help my case at Georgetown?

I know with certainty that I will go if accepted, no matter the debt, because it's really worth it to me, and I'll work till I can't anymore to pay for it. Bad idea to tell them if accepted, I will come? lol.. sounds kinda funny when you say it aloud.

cross your fingers for me!!

so what do you guys think I could do to help my case at Georgetown?

I know with certainty that I will go if accepted, no matter the debt, because it's really worth it to me, and I'll work till I can't anymore to pay for it. Bad idea to tell them if accepted, I will come? lol.. sounds kinda funny when you say it aloud.

cross your fingers for me!!

good luck! Really, I totally got knocked down by the school I felt the same way about (and I know they knew it too!). GTown right now is looking more and more like where I'll go...

I don't think they have an issue with not enough students going, so not sure if it will help. You seemed to have already emailed them asking when the decision will arrive... hopefully you put something in there like "I'm really interested in your school blah blah blah" or something... but I don't think a random email will help :(

Good luck, seriously. Programs need people who are excited to attend them. When I did fall grad school visits thats what I felt was missing from the programs I looked at--everyone was like "well it just seemed like the best option, I wasn't really sure but I came here anyways...I got a bad feeling from this other school so this just seemed like a good idea...". And thats from a top school!

I think I'll write a short addendum to send by email, just re-stating a few of my strong points and my certainty about attending. I'll even throw some info in there about the law school too, since I'm going for a 4 year graduate experience at georgetown. I'm about to spill my guts to these people. I hope they have a towel. :D I'll get started on it now!

I think I'll write a short addendum to send by email, just re-stating a few of my strong points and my certainty about attending. I'll even throw some info in there about the law school too, since I'm going for a 4 year graduate experience at georgetown. I'm about to spill my guts to these people. I hope they have a towel. :D I'll get started on it now!

i wish i had your enthusiasm!

• 1 month later...