UChicago - Reapplying Question

Hi everyone,

I'm currently applying for the first time, but I noticed that UChicago indicates on their Statistics application FAQs page that, for students reapplying, "Generally speaking, applicants who are not admitted one year will not be admitted in future years. We recommend that you apply again only if your experience has changed significantly, for example, if you have gotten a new degree."

I'm confused on what would constitute your experiencing  "changing significantly". Do you think a better GRE score, the addition of a GRE Subject score, or some more substantial work experience would qualify? Or is this a question that I should ask the department for more clarification? I'd rather not waste my one time application if i wasn't quite confident I could get an acceptance.

I'm asking since I haven't seen this posted for other programs.

Thanks!

Edited by WishyWashyMS
More information provided.

Yes, I think those things would qualify IF the GRE scores were significantly better (not just a couple points), if you took and did extremely well on the subject test, or if you had impressive relevant work experience (think data scientist at Facebook or something along those lines - a school like Chicago probably won't care anyways, but they're not going to be impressed by some random job you had for a year).