MSW program decision for CSUDH, CSULB, and Boston University Hello all, I applied to the part time MSW program for CSUDH, CSULB, and Boston University. I turned in my applications the last week of October 2018. I turned them in early because last year

MSWblessing

Hello all,

I applied to the part time MSW program for CSUDH, CSULB, and Boston University. I turned in my applications the last week of October 2018. I turned them in early because last year I turned them in around December and I was denied for all schools because of the timing. So I wanted to make sure I turned them in early this year. I received an acceptance offer from CSULB Monday December 17, 2018 and an acceptance from Boston in November. I'm still waiting for an acceptance from CSUDH. I'm still trying to decide which program to accept. Both CSUDH and CSULB are 29k cheaper than Boston. Any feedback from you all will be great, I'm so indecisive sometimes. Money is a big deal and also convenience.  Out of the three schools which one do you think is better, with more focus on the clinical aspect and which school would prepare me for licensure? My future goal after completing my Msw is to continue working at a hospital and get my license. I also want to add that I'm a fulltime working mother. Wish you all good luck and please helppppp, any feedback or advice would be awesome. I never thought this would be a tough decision and I’m so grateful to have this amazing opportunity. 

• 3 weeks later...

Most social workers don't start out making much money after grad school - maybe $45k. I've interviewed several that regret paying way more money than necessary for a degree you can get at a state school. All that matters, at the end of the day, is your license. So, paying for Boston makes no sense to me, unless loans don't bother you at all. If you get sick of California, you can easily move around after you get your license. Licensed social workers have the easiest time moving to different states compared to most other mental health workers, besides maybe those with PhDs. It's a very mobile degree. I'd definitely choose long beach over dominguez hills. Better reputation and reviews, much more lively area. Just my two cents!

• 2 months later...