Harvard SEAS Fall 2019

shrek12

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen just two acceptances for the Applied Physics PhD. Does Harvard contact the admitted students over a period of few days?

Edited by prvn

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 1:26 AM, dontor said:

anyone here apply to harvard seas bioengineering? does anyone know any information about that program?

I had applied, I have already been accepted!! I got my notification on 6th of Feb. Financial offer on 14th Feb. Very excited to join Harvard next fall. 

Hey guys, by any small chance was anyone else waitlisted for material science and mechanical engineering? I applied to biodesign and I'm trying to figure what my chances actually are, given that I'm on a "short roster of students" according to the email I got. It looks like a lot of people on here are interested in biodesign/biophysics/bioengineering, so I'd imagine it would be extremely competitive to actually gain admittance. I assume that another PhD admitted to the biodesign lab would have to decline the offer for me to get in ? . Thanks!!

22 hours ago, Irishguy said:

Hey guys, by any small chance was anyone else waitlisted for material science and mechanical engineering? I applied to biodesign and I'm trying to figure what my chances actually are, given that I'm on a "short roster of students" according to the email I got. It looks like a lot of people on here are interested in biodesign/biophysics/bioengineering, so I'd imagine it would be extremely competitive to actually gain admittance. I assume that another PhD admitted to the biodesign lab would have to decline the offer for me to get in ? . Thanks!!

@Irishguy Biodesign lab was one of the labs I was interested in as well. But I haven't received any response so far and I believe it will be a rejection in all likelihood.

Congrats on the waitlist though. Did you have interviews before with any PI from harvard ? Also, did the waitlist email specify the PI ?

Also, could you share your profile?