Two semesters of analysis for stats grad school?

How important is having two semesters of analysis for stats grad school?

At my school, there are two options to fulfill the analysis requirement for the math major: a two semester sequence called Analysis I-II, or an "intro to analysis" course. 

The I-II sequence covers the same topics as the intro course, though in much greater depth. It is also known to be virtually impossible to get A's, or A-'s, in the two course sequence, as it is not curved. 

So, my question is: would doing only one semester with the intro course look bad for stats grad school? Would the risk of taking a GPA hit with the two course sequence be worth it in the long run? Do stats grad programs typically expect students to have two semesters?

Thanks.

Edited by insupliquitous

For admissions - not a single program in the country requires more than one semester. One semester with an A will look way better than two semesters with Bs.  Obviously, more looks better though, and some programs ask for the books you use - an A in a Rudin course looks better than an A in an Abbott course.

If you go to a top program that requires you to take PhD probability, having more analysis will help a lot - especially if you are not naturally very good at math.