Haven't received any interview after deadline

heyjude0820

Hi all, I am applying for HCI PhD. I contacted most of my POIs before the deadline. I got 6 interviews/informal talks before the deadline and received several replies saying that they would like to talk to me after the deadline (so that they can see my full package). Now it's already late January and I didn't heard anything. 

I tried to contact them again (because I recently have two papers got accepted and I use that as an update to contact them).

1. Some POIs said our last interview went great so no more interview is needed, just wait for the result. Well that helps

2. Several POIs said that Congrats on the paper and OK I see. We are still reviewing... (while I can see a lot of interviews of this program on thegradcafe) Does that mean I stand very little chance...?

3. Several POIs never replied... I am panic...

My background is not too bad but not top enough to get an offer without interview... So I am truly scared now. According to some POIs, they are positive after seeing my application, and I did well with my recommenders (several papers during the research internship). So there is no reason my letters of rec went wrong... Is it simply because it's too early? But everyone I know around me got interviews after the deadline...

I think that you had 6 informal interviews before the deadline is already a good sign and confirmation of good chances you stand.

And it is indeed still early (although I'm also waiting for most of the schools I applied to and trying to not panic).. 

Just give it a bit more time! 

1 hour ago, eveywhere said:

I think that you had 6 informal interviews before the deadline is already a good sign and confirmation of good chances you stand.

And it is indeed still early (although I'm also waiting for most of the schools I applied to and trying to not panic).. 

Just give it a bit more time! 

Thanks.. Then I found that Cornell IS sent all the interviews but I didn't get one... I worked with a professor at Cornell for a year and published two papers with her group, and got a not so bad letter of rec. Still I got rejected silently...... Maybe this year is tough...  

22 hours ago, heyjude0820 said:

Thanks.. Then I found that Cornell IS sent all the interviews but I didn't get one... I worked with a professor at Cornell for a year and published two papers with her group, and got a not so bad letter of rec. Still I got rejected silently...... Maybe this year is tough...  

what if you are the one who doesn't need to be interviewed to give the offer?