USUHS psych

PsychedOutHopeful

Hello! I have a question for people who are familiar with USUHS. If you applied for the civilian track, but would consider the military track if not accepted to civilian, should you inform them/ is that even possible? I read on some other forum about someone getting rejected from USUHS civilian but being offered a spot on the military side. Any input/ insight is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!! 

3 hours ago, FreudEgg said:

Hello! I have a question for people who are familiar with USUHS. If you applied for the civilian track, but would consider the military track if not accepted to civilian, should you inform them/ is that even possible? I read on some other forum about someone getting rejected from USUHS civilian but being offered a spot on the military side. Any input/ insight is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!! 

I'm very familiar with the program and faculty, and I have never heard of this being the case. Different committees, departments, and agencies within the university work together for the recruitment of civilian vs. military. There are also separate processes involved before the interview specifically for military applicants. The civilian track is very competitive, I've heard about 175+ applications for 1-2 spots every year, at the most. Usually they interview about 12-15 applicants for these 1-2 specific spots. Let me know if you have other questions.

22 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

I'm very familiar with the program and faculty, and I have never heard of this being the case. Different committees, departments, and agencies within the university work together for the recruitment of civilian vs. military. There are also separate processes involved before the interview specifically for military applicants. The civilian track is very competitive, I've heard about 175+ applications for 1-2 spots every year, at the most. Usually they interview about 12-15 applicants for these 1-2 specific spots. Let me know if you have other questions.

Hey! Thanks so much for the reply. That was my understanding too- but I came across that post and was curious! 

5 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

Hey! Thanks so much for the reply. That was my understanding too- but I came across that post and was curious! 

We'll hopefully see each other at Open House, both tracks attend this! 4 weeks to go! Also, civilian applicants only have one day of interviews, which should be less anxiety producing lol ;) 

• 3 years later...