What to expect from an interview for a Master's program

mightypsychic

Hi!

I have applied for MASc (Masters with thesis) in ECE at the University of Toronto for Fall 2019. I have received an email from the ECE Grad Office saying that a professor wants to interview me. What should I expect from the interview? Is this an informal interview or a highly technical one? What are some important questions that I should ask the professor? Replies from candidates who have had similar interviews would be highly appreciated too!

PS: I am posting here for the first time and this is my first interview among all my applications. If I have posted at the wrong place, I am really sorry!

All the best for your interview! I also just applied for MASc but in materials science, haven't contacted any Professor or been contacted...I wouldn't know for toronto but from my experience interviewing with professors they would normally ask about your past experience and work and how you would like to contribute to their lab?