Temple University

FutureEdPHD

Hi there! I'm another Temple admit in the Policy and Organizational Studies program. I plan on going to the admitted students day next month - but am still trying to figure out how to make it work since I live on the west coast. 

Edited by tezzucrug

1 hour ago, tezzucrug said:

Hi there! I'm another Temple admit in the Policy and Organizational Studies program. I plan on going to the admitted students day next month - but am still trying to figure out how to make it work since I live on the west coast. 

Hi! It’s good to see another admit. I was curious about the chosen date, since it’s in the middle of the week. Have you heard anything about travel funding for the visit? 

Yeah - that middle of the week thing is definitely less than ideal. I haven't heard anything about travel funding- I emailed earlier this week if they could put me in contact with a grad student to stay with since I'll have to stay at least one night. I haven't gotten a reply yet :( 

I have also gotten fewer in-person interview requests than I expected so that'll help me afford this trip if they don't have funding.

I got an email earlier today about the visit day which confirmed no travel funding :( I think since it's a college-wide event, it would just be too much to pay for everyone's travel. I'm still going to make it though because I want to meet my assigned adviser and get a good feel for the campus in person.

Hey all!  So nice to meet you virtually--  I'm accepted to the school psych phd program.  I was also considering going to the admitted students day, but I'm trying to figure out travel logistics and how to not miss more than one day of work.  Does anyone know if most prospective students generally show up to these?  I saw the campus a bit during my interview, but I'd love to glean more from the experience now that I'm on the other side.  Congrats to everyone!

Hi @em2164I don’t know if this could work for you, but I’m taking an early morning flight up there and catching a late night flight back home that same day. It seems a little crazy but I know I can’t make this decision without seeing everything in person. The flights aren’t nearly as expensive as I’d thought so hopefully something like that could work for you too! 

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening! 

I just found out about and have applied to Temple PHD in policy & organizational studies. I haven’t heard back and find it interesting to see there have been individuals already admitted. Was it an email or slug mail sent to notify you of your admission decision? 

2 hours ago, PhillySciTeach said:

Good evening! 

I just found out about and have applied to Temple PHD in policy & organizational studies. I haven’t heard back and find it interesting to see there have been individuals already admitted. Was it an email or slug mail sent to notify you of your admission decision? 

Hi! It was the most complicated process for me to find out my actual admissions status. I started receiving info about the admitted students day and a fellowship opportunity weeks ago but hadn’t heard anything official from anyone. Eventually I spoke to my advisor and she told me I was officially accepted. Apparently the delay had something to do with the online system. I got the email inviting me to the admitted students day on the 7th of last month but didn’t officially get my accepted email from the college of Ed until this morning. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi y'all -

I decided to commit to Temple for the fall in the POLS Ph.D. program. If anyone else here has decided to go to Temple feel free to send a message and we can connect :)