Fiancee is due Aug 5th, gradschool starts Aug 17th...

CogSciRob

Hello all!  

Recently I received two of the best items of news of my life.  The second best being my admission to Yale's joint psychology and philosophy Ph.D. program; an offer I will almost certainly be accepting.  Of course, the best news is that my fiancee is pregnant, with a due date of Aug 5th (orientation starts 17th) .  I know the timing is a bit crazy, but conventional wisdom holds that there is no convenient time to start a family.  Luckily, Yale offers a very generous 16 week paternity leave (with continued funding and stopped clock), however I'm not sure how this works for the first semester.  I told my potential adviser during the interview, and he was very supportive, but has never had a grad-student with children.   My fiancee and I want to have the baby here in California, which also leaves very little time to move.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or advice for starting grad-school with a newborn. 

Thanks!