Oxford Clarendon Fund

nike of samothrace

Does anyone have any idea what the stats are on the Clarendon Fund at Oxford? I'd like to think I'm competitive for getting the grant, but I have no idea how many they give out each year, if they save them all for distribution at once or give some out each gathered field, if they prefer to fund UK/EU students before overseas students, which degree they prefer to give it to, etc. Does anyone have any clue about this grant, or know anyone who has received it?

Does anyone have any idea what the stats are on the Clarendon Fund at Oxford? I'd like to think I'm competitive for getting the grant, but I have no idea how many they give out each year, if they save them all for distribution at once or give some out each gathered field, if they prefer to fund UK/EU students before overseas students, which degree they prefer to give it to, etc. Does anyone have any clue about this grant, or know anyone who has received it?

The Clarendon is only for international students. Most of your questions can be answered in a quick Googling--see, for example, the the Clarendon FAQ: http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/io/funding/cl ... 2008-9.pdf. This does not say what proportion of the awards were for full stipend, tuition, and fees; but overall last year there were 104 awards (4.6% of applicants).

I don't know whether they notify people all at once or in batches, but in 2006 I heard back on 31 March. I think I know of someone in Classics on a Clarendon, so I don't think they discriminate against impractical fields. ;)

The Clarendon is only for international students. Most of your questions can be answered in a quick Googling--see, for example, the the Clarendon FAQ: http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/io/funding/cl ... 2008-9.pdf. This does not say what proportion of the awards were for full stipend, tuition, and fees; but overall last year there were 104 awards (4.6% of applicants).

I don't know whether they notify people all at once or in batches, but in 2006 I heard back on 31 March. I think I know of someone in Classics on a Clarendon, so I don't think they discriminate against impractical fields. ;)

Thanks, boringname. I did actually find that page after I posted this (was a little embarrassed, but the information was wonderful to find). Do you mind me asking if you received the Clarendon in 2006? And I'm glad to hear of the person in Classics with the grant - since it's sponsored by the OUP, I'd be shocked if they discriminate against the impractical humanities.. ;) They are quite fond of publishing on the subject!

I am trying not to bite my nails too much while waiting to hear. But the possibility of going to Oxford is far too attractive... I can't quite get it out of my mind.

I did get a Clarendon in 2006, and notification was via e-mail--in case that helps you gauge when you should start expecting to hear (and whether you should be hanging around the mailbox or obsessively clicking Send/Receive, Send/Receive, Send/Receive...). :)

Good luck to you!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I did get a Clarendon in 2006, and notification was via e-mail--in case that helps you gauge when you should start expecting to hear (and whether you should be hanging around the mailbox or obsessively clicking Send/Receive, Send/Receive, Send/Receive...). :)

Good luck to you!

Any idea what month/date you received the Clarendon email notification, and was your course in the Humanities field?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any idea what month/date you received the Clarendon email notification, and was your course in the Humanities field?

As a reply to my own question: Oops I just saw you mentioned it was March 31 via email.

Edited by feminist21