What would you do?

this is an assignment that i have for monday, I just wanted to get some opinions and get some ideas before i start doing it. You can develop you answers all you want, the long they are the better.

A suspect terrorist is arrested in connection with an imminent terror theat. A bomb has been discovered at a local shopping center. The timer shows that the bomb will detonate in 2 hours. The man in cuatody is believed to be a bomb maker and the only person who knows how to disable the bomb. You and your partner are brought in to interrogate the suspect. An hour passes, and you haven't made any progress. Your partner unplugs all of the recording equipment and ask you to leave the room. Twenty minutes later the officer exits the room with the code to desactivate the bomb. You look inside the room to find the suspect unconscious and his face covered in blood. Your partner asks you to back up his story that the suspect became aggressive during the interrogation and that he was simply defending himself. There is no tape to challenge your version of the events. It would be the terrorist's word against yours.

Would you follow your partner's instructions? Why or why not? Be sure to include in your answer the ethicl and legal consequences of your decision.