Is it bad not to attend a recruitment weekend when I already said I'd attend?

Curious questioner

Question

This is the "interview us/we interview you" kind of function (not a post-acceptance visit).  I still want to be considered for admission, but am slammed and going to the three-day affair is going to add tremendous stress to a real crunch time.  Is it looked down on to ask to do Skype interviews instead?  The visit was supposed to be the end of this week (Thursday night through Saturday), so I would think the hotel could still be cancelled at no cost to the university.   Thanks in advance for any thoughts/real world experience (like if you did this, but still got accepted to the university, etc,).

(Apologies if a similar topic is already posted.  Maybe it's the language I used in the "search", but I didn't find anything exactly like this.  Feel free to direct me.  But be gentle.  I'm already completely stressed out!  ? )

Edited by Curious questioner
error

2 answers to this question

It sounds like there's no actual conflict, you're just busier than you thought you'd be? That doesn't sound very good to me..

Also what field/discipline is this? Is there any other in-person interview times that you can reschedule to?