Jump to content

SLPA insight needed

Recommended Posts

Hi there. I'm curious if any current or former SLPA could give me some insight.  If one wanted to work as an SLPA, but does not have an undergrad degree in CSD, would one need to pursue a certificate program? A second bachelors?  Or could one just complete the required course work as non-degree-seeking?  I am currently working on pre-reqs for grad programs through Longwood University, but I'm curious if I do not get accepted into a Master's program, would I be able to work as an SLPA without an actual program certificate but with the required coursework completed?  Also, how do I go about researching state requirements for working as an SLPA?  I am mostly focused on working in Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, or Virginia, but really I am open to anywhere.  I do not know if all of these states recognize or allow SLPA work.   Any input you can share with me would be so helpful and appreciated.  Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.