heroh11

FYI for all those along with me in waiting to hear back, I just noticed this text on their page:

"We are endeavoring to notify students as close to the original target date of April 4, 2019, as possible. Due to impacts resulting from the partial government shutdown, a delay of up to one week is anticipated."

So no fear if you haven't heard back yet. 

Your notification will come in the form of an email with the subject line: "NASA NSPIRES - New information is available for a submitted proposal" from NSPIRES-admin@nasaprs.com

Then you'll have a nerve-wracking opportunity to log into NSPIRES and hunt for the submission status (it's under "Proposals/NOIs" > "Submitted Proposals/NOIs" > select 2018 as "Submittal Year")

I received the notification email at 2:52pm, and I was selected for the award this year (third time's the charm!).  Congrats everyone!  And keep at it if you missed out this year.  I vigorously addressed the critiques from my previous submissions, and that appears to have done the trick.

They also released NIAC selections today (RIP my proposal there).

• 11 months later...
On 4/10/2019 at 5:47 PM, NeoOzymandias said:

I received the notification email at 2:52pm, and I was selected for the award this year (third time's the charm!).  Congrats everyone!  And keep at it if you missed out this year.  I vigorously addressed the critiques from my previous submissions, and that appears to have done the trick.

They also released NIAC selections today (RIP my proposal there).

Did you have to request feedback/comments? I didn't see any in regards to my proposal. My proposal was declined.

22 minutes ago, drrice said:

Did you have to request feedback/comments? I didn't see any in regards to my proposal. My proposal was declined.

They typically provide an email address that you may contact to request feedback.  It typically takes a month or more for them to get back to you, however.

PS - Another strike-out for NIAC, darn.