Tufts Fletcher worth the debt?

Hello and thanks for reading, 

Fletcher's total costs (including tuition, fees, and rooms and board) are about 120k and they are offering me 40k in aid. I plan to work during school, but will still graduate with ~65k in debt. Think it is worth it? I'm torn.

Thanks again.

it's a top 5 school so it's desirable indeed...and $20,000 a year for merit is a strong offer from them (and I believe they are open to appealing for more money in Year 2 if academics go well in Year 1). Is the choice between Fletcher and another grad school or Fletcher and no school?  Fletcher also named a new dean last week (she's from Ireland) and there's a great deal of energy at the school right now...she will be starting in Sept of 2019. 

Edited by southernhope1

13 hours ago, southernhope1 said:

it's a top 5 school so it's desirable indeed...and $20,000 a year for merit is a strong offer from them (and I believe they are open to appealing for more money in Year 2 if academics go well in Year 1). Is the choice between Fletcher and another grad school or Fletcher and no school?  Fletcher also named a new dean last week (she's from Ireland) and there's a great deal of energy at the school right now...she will be starting in Sept of 2019. 

Hi southerhope1,

I really appreciate your reply. I ended up enrolling in Fletcher and declining my other offer from Cornell CIPA, which would've left me with around ~35k in debt. I felt that Fletcher is the the much stronger program (in general and for what I want to do), and that an extra ~30k in debt would be manageable. I hope I'm right.