SDSU MSW 2020 start

starting early

• 1 month later...

Hi there! I’m new to gradcafe but I found your forum through a google search inquiring about SDSU’s GRE requirements for the MSW program! I am also applying for the MSW program for the fall of 2020 and wanted to know if they only consider the writing score and not the other sections? I keep hearing different things and the SDSU website isn’t specific about GRE score requirements. Thank you in advanced for your help!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 11:54 AM, _sgra said:

Hi there! I’m new to gradcafe but I found your forum through a google search inquiring about SDSU’s GRE requirements for the MSW program! I am also applying for the MSW program for the fall of 2020 and wanted to know if they only consider the writing score and not the other sections? I keep hearing different things and the SDSU website isn’t specific about GRE score requirements. Thank you in advanced for your help!!!

I had the same exact question a few months ago :) I confirmed with the department that they indeed only consider the writing score (I recall, a 4 or 5?), but that the quant and verbal scores should be acceptable as well.  I've also heard from prior applicants who were accepted that it's truly only the AWA that is considered. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello! 

Has anyone heard back from SDSU? I applied to the MSW program for 2020. Checking the portal everyday for updates but I know I will likely not hear anything until at least mid-February.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 2:59 PM, _sgra said:

Hi there!

I applied on Nov. 9 and still haven't heard back. My webportal status states that my file has been forwarded to the department for admission recommendation.

When did you submit your app? I'm getting so anxious!

I applied by the deadline of 12/15. I'm getting so anxious too! I asked via email how long it would be and they said anywhere from mid-Feb to mid-April. That hasn't prevented me from checking my email every 30 minutes for the last four weeks though... 

Just now, MKE1989 said:

I applied by the deadline of 12/15. I'm getting so anxious too! I asked via email how long it would be and they said anywhere from mid-Feb to mid-April. That hasn't prevented me from checking my email every 30 minutes for the last four weeks though... 

Oh, and I also see the same message that my file has been forwarded to the department for admission recommendation. It's said for a while now.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone hear anything yet? 

I’m waiting to hear back from SDSU MSW program for fall 2020 as well. I spoke with a woman from the program and she said I was on the list to be reviewed for the next meeting but could not disclose to me when that meeting would be. Then she said that people hear all the way until the end of April. She pretty much was saying to be patient and I’ll know when I know but that is easier said than done. 

I will post an update when I hear from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine still says the same thing as well. I am getting so nervous! I’m sure checking my portal every 10 minutes does not help! I had called them early in March and they said everyone should hear back anytime between “now and April.” I had called again about two weeks ago and they said “people will hear back end of March to end of April.” I emailed them the other day to ask if we should expect delays because of COVID, but I have not heard from them.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was waitlisted April 6th and then received an acceptance letter April 15 for the 2-year direct practice program. I was given 7 days to respond. Also, if you get an acceptance letter they will require a $400 deposit. I paid this and then sent my FAFSA information over then received notice that I don't have to pay it, so wait until after you submit your FAFSA to pay the deposit.

• 3 weeks later...