Analysis Question

I'm applying to grad schools next year, but I'm taking analysis for the first time this coming fall. 

However, I do have good grades in two courses of abstract algebra that I took this past year.

How much will not having analysis hurt me in PhD stats or bio stats applications? What about MS?

Also...are people who apply directly to MS programs given precedence over those who apply to PhD programs but whose applications are later deferred to the MS pool? Or are they given equal consideration?

Thanks.

You don't need Real Analysis for Masters programs. People get accepted to MS programs in Stat/Biostat with only Calc I-III and lower-division Linear Algebra and no other math. If you want to get into PhD programs, then more math does help. If you did well in Abstract Algebra and you also mention in your statement of purpose that you are currently taking Analysis (and hopefully expecting to get an A), I think you should be fine. If it concerns you, you can ask one of your LoR writers to mention this as well, as those will carry more weight than the SoP (you should have your LOR writers make the case about your mathematical abilities anyhow). 

From what I gather, applications directly to Masters programs are considered separately from PhD applications. However, in some cases, the PhD admissions committee may decline an person's application to the PhD program but admit them to their Masters or ask them if they are interested in their Masters program. MS programs are not usually funded, so there doesn't tend to be a target number for incoming matriculations for Masters programs (as opposed to PhD programs).