Cancer Biology Graduate Programs

Shannon3942

Hi everyone! 

I will be entering my junior year in college so the graduate school process is still a ways off but I want to seriously begin to consider my options after graduations. As an undergraduate, I have had two summer internships working at an antibody production company in the IF validation department. This summer, I am also an Amgen Scholar at Duke in the cancer and pharmacology department and in the fall I will begin enrolling in graduate level courses (cancer biology, molecular biology, statistics). 

At the moment, I am very interested in looking into potential Ph.D. programs focusing on cancer biology. I love the environment at Duke but I am also looking into Sloan Kettering and a number of other schools with similar programs. I want to study cancer but I am also very open to applying to a more general molecular biology program and then focusing on cancer while in the program. 

Does anyone have any suggestions of graduate programs to look into or any suggestions of what to look for in a program?

Thanks in advance,

Shannon