Waitlists

ElizabethBrown

Waitlists are intense. If anyone knows about stats for schools or how likely it is to get in off a waitlist let us know. Thanks!

I think it depends on what school and what department, there is a ranking system for the top art schools seperated into different departments. Yale is the top for painting and VCU is the top for sculpture, If a student was accepted by two of these schools and was offered equal funding ect.. they might choose the one that has the better reputation, but who knows, Im in the same situation at the moment and Im trying not to think about it, It is interesting that other applicants are finding this bloog as well. The worst case senario would be to have to wait untill next year to apply again. Not something I would llike to do but it is out of my control. I have been tolld that there were a few students accepted for a waitlist and 10 out of 30 given a space. It should be decided before may 15

Yes. It is completely different from one school to the next.

Keep in mind. It's not yet April 15th (Decision D-Day). Many students will wait until the last minute deadline for decisions. Schools are also still handing out funding offers. This factors into decision-making very heavily.

It isn't unheard of for offers to come-off waitlist status to take until the early summer months. It is definitely WAIT-intensive. Hence the awfully truthful name!

Hang in there!!! We'll all know a whole lot more come April 15th!!!