Masters for non-CS backgrounds?

PeeAAchDee

I just graduated with a degree in engineering (not strictly computationally related) from one of MIT, Stanford, Berkeley, Caltech. I am working as a computational biology associate at a very well-known university for a well-established PI. I'd like to get a Masters in CS if I could to advance myself to other opportunities.

I graduated with a 3.96 GPA and did 97 percentile on the GRE. I have 1 first author paper in a well-known journal that isn't related to CS. I've taken some coursework while as an undergrad, but I self-studied a lot and may possibly get authorship on some biocomputational papers.

Should I even consider a Masters in CS given my background? Do I have any chances at top masters programs?

• 5 months later...

Why? Just for a high-paid job? If you just want a decent job you can sign up for a boot camp and get yourself familiar with the leetcode, your background is strong enough to get into the most tech companies in Silicon Valley as long as you pass the coding interviews. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2019 at 7:12 PM, barry08 said:

Why? Just for a high-paid job? If you just want a decent job you can sign up for a boot camp and get yourself familiar with the leetcode, your background is strong enough to get into the most tech companies in Silicon Valley as long as you pass the coding interviews. 

I second this. 

BUT - what are you aiming to get out of your Masters in CS program?