Withdrawing and reapplying to the same school in future?

Hey guys,

I'm in a dilemma, wondering if I should withdraw my acceptance and reapply to the school again. Here's my situation - I was accepted at a pretty good school in California for MS in Computer Science. I've submitted the statement of intent and paid the non-refundable deposit, but when I wanted to quit my company to pursue this, they offered a possibility of relocation to California instead.

To me, relocating sounds like the better option, as I would have a steady income whereas quitting and studying full time, I'd be using up my parents' money. The thing is, I really like this school, so how can I go about withdrawing from the current term (I was offered Fall 2019) without burning any bridges and reapply next year after I get my H1B application results?

There is something that I feel *might* complicate my reapplication:

The university doesn't allow deferring - I can only bring forward application materials to a future term. However, I don't qualify for this because my original application was for Fall 2018. I updated once to Jan 2019 because I found a job before getting the offer and was bonded till end of 2018. I then "deferred" a second time to Fall 2019 which is the current term. All 3 semesters I was reviewed as a "new" applicant and accepted.

My worry is that this might make me look as if I couldn't commit and therefore reapplying in the future would reduce my chances of getting accepted to the same university.

Could anyone help me? ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've deferred admission and my experience most universities are ok with doing it once or even twice. If they thought you were good enough to admit once, they will likely admit you again. So go ahead and deffer again but try to make it the last time.