MScR in History of Art at University of Edinburgh

Taylor98

Hello, 
I am applying for an MScR in History of Art at University of Edinburgh to start in Fall 2020. I have already reached out to a potential supervisor with a research proposal and they seemed optimistic about my submission of a formal application to the University. With my application, I have to submit a research proposal of 3,000 words. The proposal needs to include aims, context, method, and impact. I have focused heavily on honing my research topic and have a lot of experience with research at the undergraduate level, but I am a bit nervous about choosing the appropriate formatting for my proposal. I attend a University that does not cover methodologies in research classes, so I have never had to pick a specific method for a paper. If my project is based on archival research, can I simply state that I am using archival methodologies? Should I go into more depth? Also, does anyone have suggestions on a specific format and/or examples they might be willing to share? 

I feel that I am a strong applicant in all other admissions criteria. I am first in my class (GPA of 4.0 and part of the honors program), recipient of multiple research grants and academic conference awards, student body president, and 1,500+ hours of community service. I do not say this to sound overly confident or snotty, but I would be grateful to receive feedback from anyone who has gone through the Edinburgh application process at the MScR level to hear what was successful/unsuccessful in their application. 

History of Art - Research Degree Application Criteria Guidelines 2016-7.pdf