Stats review: Admission to a technical Master's program with a BA?

einalemjs

Hi, first of all, really glad I found this website. Hello all.

Graduation year: 2017

Undergraduate major: BA in Experimental Psychology

GPA: 3.6/4

Extracurriculars: Vice President of an e-board, membership of various other clubs

Relevant courses: A in Statistics, Calculus I credit from high school, currently self-studying a college-level Linear Algebra course

Research experience: 2 years as an URA doing cognitive and dev. psych. research, gained statistical analysis skills in SPSS

Work experience: Non-technical, but have plans to start programming projects this month

My question is, would I have any fleeting chance at getting into a technical Master's program with this rap sheet? I do think my story is rather inspiring--I'm a female that's decided to reorient my career toward engineering because of how inspiring I find it--but I'm not blinded by my own idealism. I'm studying hard, but my GRE quant is not a 170. I know there is a slim chance of admittance, here. I've been graduated for two years, so I'm sort of stressed about the timing of it all, but I know this is not more important than getting the requisite education to study what I'm most passionate about. I knew this was going to be a lot of school when I made this decision, and I'm not about to back out just because it's difficult.

So, what say you, internet friend? Should I stop thinking for 20-21 matriculation into a Master's program until I have maxed out my GRE quant as far as it can go, and completed things like technical work experience (I found some programs willing to work with someone with no background, remarkably) and/or a postbac in math/physics?

I know that realistically, I'm very young, and even if I finish a PhD after 30 it's not that big of a deal. I don't even know that I want to do a PhD, but it is a good option--and a part of me also is really, really freaked out by that number. 

(PS: There's actually a Master's program at Boston University for non-engineering majors to get an MS in engineering. It's just very, very expensive [I should do more research about possible funding for this] and for some reason I think it's too good to be true, even though I think it's actually my most time-sensitive option. Tell me to do this one.)

Edited by mjsharif
clarity