LORs for multiple applications

I'm guessing I'm an atypical grad applicant because I only applied to one school. I've seen people posting on the results board who have applied to up to 15 programs. So my (dumb and probably obvious) question is this: who is providing all of those LORs for you? The same set of professors/colleagues for every program, or a mix? I assume there would have to be at least some overlap even if you had specific people in mind for particular programs.

I'm asking for two reasons. 1) I'm rethinking my one-school idea now that it's early April and I realize I might not get in. And 2) I know that my LOR providers spent a good deal of time on the letters (according to them, and I believe them), and I'm just wondering how to approach them if I want to use them again. Do most professors expect to get a request for multiple letters from any student? Do most applicants assume that the letters will be identical across all programs -- so you're not asking someone to draft completely new letters for each? (Seems unlikely, but I really don't know.)

Just wondering what the norm is, since to me it's a significant request for a letter of recommendation, and it implies a consideration for the person's time.

2) I know that my LOR providers spent a good deal of time on the letters (according to them, and I believe them), and I'm just wondering how to approach them if I want to use them again. Do most professors expect to get a request for multiple letters from any student? Do most applicants assume that the letters will be identical across all programs -- so you're not asking someone to draft completely new letters for each? (Seems unlikely, but I really don't know.)

Just wondering what the norm is, since to me it's a significant request for a letter of recommendation, and it implies a consideration for the person's time.

They expect students to apply to more than one program. Most of what they do is alter the name of the program and, if they know someone at that school, they may reference that person in their letter. But, once they've written the first one, subsequent ones are much, much easier.