2020 statistics/Biostatistics PhD Application Evaluation

Edp

Grad Institution: RIT 
Major: Applied Statistics
GPA: 3.9

my undergrad major is project management, so I guess that is not worth to mention here

Type of Student: International male( with green card )

GRE: Q: 162 V: 149 W: 3 ( I think I should try again, but I may need to wait till next year to apply school )

Programs Applying:  Statistics PhD

Research Experience: 
- now I am a visiting student at a lab for fall and spring semester 
- 2 month with 2 professors 

Recommendation Letters:  my advisor , the lab's boss, another professor from my school 

Coding Experience: R, Python and Matlab

I don't have publications yet , but I guess I will have one or two next spring , but that is too late for this year's application.

which school I could apply this year ? any suggestions .

Thanks !

You’re going to have a really tough time getting accepted anywhere. 162Q GRE score is really low, especially for an international student. Additionally, I took a quick look at RIT’s applied statistics curriculum and that is not adequate preparation for a statistics PhD. For the bare minimum, you need to take real analysis and linear algebra. Admissions committees are going to question your ability to succeed in Casella Berger type mathematical statistics.

36 minutes ago, omicrontrabb said:

You’re going to have a really tough time getting accepted anywhere. 162Q GRE score is really low, especially for an international student. Additionally, I took a quick look at RIT’s applied statistics curriculum and that is not adequate preparation for a statistics PhD. For the bare minimum, you need to take real analysis and linear algebra. Admissions committees are going to question your ability to succeed in Casella Berger type mathematical statistics.

Thanks for being honest, I did take linear algebra, stochastic process ,regression etc, I guess I will take GRE again 

Edited by Edp