Chances of getting into a LSE MSc 2 year programme

Loquacious ha

Hi. I'm planning to apply to LSE MSc Economics 2 year programme starting October next year. I got a BA in Economics from other than U.K. and U.S. and my point is that 'can anyone who already have a diploma in Economics at under-grad level be able to get accepted into LSE's two year MSc Economics program?.' I know they announced that course is 'suitable' for those who haven't necessary knowledge in Economics. Personally, from the my point of view, they do not exclude the prospective students who already holds BA or diploma in Econ. The reason why I'am asking this is that though I'am quite familiar with the under-grad level knowledge in Econ, it's been a so long time ago and I believe the first year of program will be helpful to remind me of those. I wonder if there are students who already had holds BA degree in Econ but was accepted to that program. Many thanks.

Edited by D.Lim

• 2 months later...

Hi,

The first year of the programme is purely undergrad econ. If you have a strong background there, it's just an additional 20k Pounds. 

If your Econ background isn't that strong, you should go for the Two-Year programme. It seems like admissions are on the basis of academic strength and quantitative background. Many students hold bachelors in Econ or related subjects. So you have chances, depending on your performance in the undergrad.