UCLA or USC (East Asian Studies)?

Hi, could you guys give me some advice about UCLA's East Asian Studies program and USC's?

I'm weighing these two programs. They are in the same city, and cost almost the same. I have gone through the website of UCLA's, but it tells little. Could you guys give me some information about UCLA's program, and do some comparisons between these two programs, such as their reputation and faculty?

Thank you!

UCLA has a prestigious China studies program. If your focus is Chinese literature and language that will be your place.

My focus is about Modern China and is planned to be more of political sciences or social sciences. So how about that in UCLA's program? Thank you!

My focus is about Modern China and is planned to be more of political sciences or social sciences. So how about that in UCLA's program? Thank you!

Could you guys help me out? The deadline is coming...

I'm little concerned about UCLA's financial conditions.There are rumors that many professors are leaving the university because of salary cut. On the other hand, the program seems to be bigger and have more resources than USC's one.

Thank you!

I'm a UC grad in modern Chinese history. I won't disclose my campus, but the funding situation is indeed dire. If funding is your main concern and UCLA has NOT guaranteed you anything I wouldn't go there. On the other hand, I have colleagues at UCLA and the program there is terrific.

I don't know anything about the USC program per se, but they do have that U.S.-China institute series that seems to bring fantastic speakers to campus, so someone there must be paying attention.

But yes, the end of the UC funding crises is nowhere in sight.

Edited by ChinaGrad