Fulfilling Art History Requirements

fede.fede.federico

Hello All,

I recently graduated from my undergraduate degree in Environmental Science in the US but after having worked in the field for a few months, I have found a new passion in Art History and conservation. I am looking to apply for a master's program, but it requires 4 credits in Art History classes, of which I have none.

I am wondering if it is worth finding a post-bac program that would fulfill these 4 credits or if it would be better to take 4 individual classes at a college in order to fulfill them? I am not a US citizen so it would be almost impossible to fulfill these credits in a Community college in the US. Therefore, my options lie in the EU. As I am less familiar with schools around Europe, does anyone know of universities in Italy that allow for non-degree enrollment for getting credits from classes? 

Thank you!

Federico

• 2 months later...

Hi Federico,

Do you mean four courses? Four credits seems very low. I would imagine that Italy would have some fantastic courses in art history, and would reach out to universities in your area. Also, reach out to a few MA programs in the US to see how international credits would be evaluated, I would assume it would be fine from a reputable institution. Lastly, I'd say wait a couple of years before rushing in. You just graduated. Make sure its not a fleeting fancy.