Columbia SIPA Chances?

channing103

Profile evaluation--please help! Thanks in advance for reading this!!

GPA: 3.85 in International Relations and Economics (two B.A.'s) from a small liberal arts women's college; Pi Sigma Alpha (National Political Science Honors Society)

Studied abroad at the University of Oxford (studied Politics, Philosophy and Economics)

Officer for the Oxford International Relations Society and also wrote articles for the OxIRSoc publications

GRE: Quant 150, Verbal 160, Analytical 5

Work experience: Operations manager for two family food businesses in the past 7 years; worked in Operations for two financial technology companies in the past 3 years

I know my work experience in the international/non-profit areas are not as strong, but it was difficult to do anything more while holding down two full-time jobs. I'm hoping adcoms are going to be understanding of that once I explain in more detail in my application. I'm hoping my numbers will pull me through. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!! 

Hello! I think this profile looks very good to me... I don't think experience non-profit areas is that necessary (maybe I am wrong).

But personally speaking maybe the quant part in GRE should be higher...

Also, I think SIPA admission office is very nice and maybe you can also email them directly to talk about your concerns.

Good luck!

They advised us to retake the GRE (during a webinar) if Quant or Verbal was below the 60th percentile. Your GPA is strong and your major is relevant, so it could mitigate their concern? It's difficult to make an exact assessment because you may very well have something that they are looking for, thus ensuring your acceptance.