Tired of waiting...head starting to hurt

mizzbmore

Ok....so silly me only applied to two grad schools for the MSW program. I applied to NCSU and ECU. Had I not been lazy I would have studied for the GRE over the summer and took it before Fall 2009 classes started. But I procrastinated and did not have enough time. Now here I am waiting on my letter to come in the mail to find out if I'm going to grad school. Why couldn't they just tell me over the phone about the decision made on my application when I called ECU today? I have learned my lesson in dealing with this whole process of applying to grad school and will not make the same mistakes should I have to go through this mind blowing process again. Well...keeping my fingers crossed and good luck to the rest of those who are still waiting. (I just had to vent...thanks for listening)/

I made the same mistakes as you, applied to only 3 schools and still waiting for the last decision (the first 2 rejected me in Jan and Feb). I also barely prepared for the GRE, and while I did great on the verbal portion, i did not do well on the math (so I'm hoping they average the two for a decent score--LOL).

This one school I am waiting for is my dream school and I am beginning to have nightmares about perhaps never getting a decision????? Unfortunately for me, this particular program is notorious for ignoring e-mails and phone calls, from personal experience and what I have read on this forum. It took me 2 calls and 2 e-mails just to find out if they had all my application materials, since months after I submitted everything their website still had my application as "incomplete". To make matters worse, they do not typically notify the decision via e-mail and almost always send a letter---WTF!

I sent an email on Tuesday inquiring about my status, and as expected, I still have not heard. Not only do i need to know whether I have to start this process again and ask my LOR writters to re-write letters for me before I graduate in 2 weeks (they keep asking me almost weekly if I've heard anything). I have a great summer internship opportunity that requires me to be accepted into grad school and I need to submit proof of that by April 14th!!! Today's mail already arrived and NOTHING from the program. I am assuming I will be rejected, and I am mentally preparing myself for this---there goes that once in a lifetime internship opportunity and my dreams of staying in school.

I guess I will log this as a "learning experience," retake the GRE, and begin writing an improved SOP.

If this sounded like a rant, that's because it is. I am FED UP with the mind games they are playing on us, it is April 10th and we remain at their mercy....