Please help me check out my statement of purpose for my PhD Admission

PERSONAL STATEMENT

"The purpose of education is to equip the mind so the mind can equip society with quality thinking and solutions that make life very beautiful for everyone."

This ideology is what I inherited from my family which has a history of solving social problems through knowledge, education and enterprise.

Very early in life, I had been exposed to mentors who had shown me the importance of education and social relevance. And while most young persons I grew up with were concerned about what to do with their lives, I was concerned about how education can help me find purpose in life.

The question of purpose first struck me much earlier in my academic journey when I was still in secondary school and trying to decide like everyone my age which direction I want to go. I had learned prior to then how developed societies had thrived on the ideas and innovation of educated persons. 

That symbolizes to me the purpose of education which I believe is to influence development in my society.

So, I knew I had to use my education to elevate the standard of living of my people and Nation. Even the world.

At this point, I didn't know if it was going to be Chemistry until after I was almost leaving High School.

Like every other student, Chemistry was just one of the subjects we had to cram and pass so we can move on and get teachers off our backs in school. It was so for me until I entered the laboratory for the first time. I saw firsthand the power of knowledge and how I can literally change the world with the knowledge of Chemistry. I saw how Chemistry is the heart of everything. It was an unbelievable experience for me.

At that moment, it became more than just a subject. It became a tool. A Technology. An empowerment to do what I had always wanted to do. To change the world and improve people's lives. I didn't know how exactly, but I knew Chemistry is that tool I need to build a legacy for this generation and the coming one.

At that point, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life. I knew what I was going to study when I get to the University.

This passion for the purpose that I found in Chemistry helped me gained admission to study Chemistry as an undergraduate student at Yobe State University, Nigeria,  where my love for this amazing science led me to graduate with First Class Honors (1:1). While everyone was struggling with courses, I was having fun with Purpose.

I didn't stop. I moved on to do my Masters in Chemistry at the University of Ilorin, Nigeria where I also graduated with a Distinction.

Beyond just studying and learning, I have been actively engaging my learning and using it to meet social needs through research and knowledge transfer.

So far, I have disrupted different research norms with my knowledge. I had conducted research on vegetables grown in Gashua Fadama Land in Yobe State, in Northern Nigeria. The purpose was basically to discover the chemical reason for the prevalence of Kidney problem in Yobe State.

During my Master's programme, my final thesis was on the synthesis, characterization of coordination polymers and their applications, Absorption, Gas Storage, Gas Purification, Catalysis, Biomedicals, Sensors Materials. Where the crystals and powder got were characterized by their melting point, Elemental Analysis, Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), X-Ray Crystallography, Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA). This research was under the tutelage and supervision of Prof. A.C Tella. During this research, one of those crystals I synthesized was discovered to be a Novel Crystal, and this Novel Crystal is now registered at Cambridge Crystallography Database Center (CCDC), in England. 

During my One-year mandatory youth service in Nigeria, I served as a graduate assistant to a Chemistry Lecturer in the school.

I am currently a Chemistry Content Expert at www.ulesson.com and also a Tutor at LatinHire (www.brainly.com).

On this role, I thoroughly solved past questions of eight years for students in Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, and the United States.

I also work as the Pioneer Chemistry Lecturer at Moje College of Education, Kwara State, Nigeria. Where I develop detailed Educational Materials and Laboratory guide for Students of the College. 

These challenging but fulfilling career journey has exposed me to bigger challenges and problems that are needed to be solved, and as a Chemist of special interest and intelligence, I am ready to take these challenges on.

This is why I have decided to step up my learning so I can further my research on the Novel Crystal I discovered, engage other researches and innovate a solution that would solve the chemical aspect of Public Health, Waste Management and Environmental Pollution.

Waste Management is an urgent problem in the world, especially in the part of the world I am from.

And it reflects so grossly on Public Health. Not just of humans, but of animals too.

One of my Prime goals is to become an Advisor or Globe Class Consultant to governments, agencies and communities on how to improve Public Health, Environmental Pollution and Waste Management solutions. (By 2030)

The aim is to influence policy development and decision making of Government institutions in regards to Public Health and Environmental Management.

I am also aiming at setting up my own research Institute where innovations are designed, developed and deployed towards solving Public Health, Environmental Pollution and Waste Management problems. (By 2035)

With all these ambitious goals ahead of me, I understand that I have to upgrade my knowledge base in the Chemistry space so I can speed up my journey in solving these urgent problems.

At this point, I believe I need to do my learning abroad so I can see other perspectives on things. I believe I need to look at things from a broader and this informed my choice of Institution.

Looking through my options, USC fits more likely as my choicest.

I believe, being a research institute with its outstanding history in producing quality minds across many sectors which include 9 Nobel Laureates, 11 Rhodes Scholars, 6 MacArthur Fellow as at 2018 coupled with its other staggering achievements. I know without a doubt that USC is the best place to engage my intelligence and learning so its excellent methods of learning can reflect on my career and help me achieve my objectives. 

I want to be part of the success stories of USC. One day, I want to be one of those persons who make the name of the institution even greater through groundbreaking research and innovation.

At the completion of my program, I shall engage my learning to work on my goals and create a legacy that would not just change my country but also the world at large.

I am looking forward to studying alongside brilliant students from all over the world, engage research with them and innovate alongside them.

This admission would be my chance to contribute my own quota to the pool of solutions needed to make our world a better place for all.

I am mentally, emotionally and physically prepared to take up the challenges involved in this academy phase of my journey.

I look forward to a Yes!