NYU Sackler Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences - Entering 2020 PhD Program

seacastle44

• 2 weeks later...

NYU Sackler is the only program I applied for (at the last minute). I received an interview offer Dec 19th for Feb 13th and 14th. 

In terms of stats: 

Undergraduate GPA: 3.39, State University

Masters GPA: 3.7, Ivy League Institution

Almost 8 years of part-time volunteer research experience. One year post Master's full-time research position.  Received awards for posters and my thesis at both the undergraduate and graduate level. 4, 4th author publications under review; 1, 1st author manuscript in preparation; 7 Oral presentations; 5 posters (3 first author). 

From what I understand, they send out invites in waves. Is anyone else interviewing 2/13-2/14?? 

Edited by OP_ED

My interview with Sackler NYU is also on the 2/13-2/14. Undergraduate GPA 3.5 and did not submit GRE. 2 years of undergraduate research and 2 years of RA experience at Ivy school with 2 publications under review. Presented and received poster award during undergraduate.

Also, does anyone know if NYU is going to send out a list of faculty that will be interviewing the students?

My interview with NYU is scheduled for Feb. 27th-29th. I received an offer for interview Dec. 19th. 

Undergrad GPA: 3.50 

Grad GPA: 4.0

GRE: Did not submit GRE scores

Experience: 2 years undergraduate research experience (1 co-authored publication), 2 years research tech experience in HHMI lab (co-authored manuscript to be submitted any day now), 10+ conference presentations (3 individual conference awards).

Good luck to everyone! 

From last year's experience, NYU probably have more than 2 available weekends. They will likely tell you the first 1 or 2 options, and if you tell them that you can't make it, they'll then ask you if you could make their alternative date(s).

24 minutes ago, DRMF said:

From last year's experience, NYU probably have more than 2 available weekends. They will likely tell you the first 1 or 2 options, and if you tell them that you can't make it, they'll then ask you if you could make their alternative date(s).

This. I was offered an interview and was rescheduled for another date. I believe there are 4 interview events for NYU. First one starts this coming weekend, I believe.