Boston University Pharmacology PhD Interview

Hey all! I was invited to interview with BU's Pharmacology program (my top choice!). The email was sent on Dec 19th. I replied the next day and received an automated response saying that the academic manager would be out until Jan 2nd. I'm hoping to get an idea of the agenda soon because the two dates overlap with an important personal commitment and I will need to reschedule some flights.

When would it be OK to email the program again? Does anyone have experience with this particular program/school? Any insights? Thanks!

5 hours ago, boyznthefumehood said:

Hey all! I was invited to interview with BU's Pharmacology program (my top choice!). The email was sent on Dec 19th. I replied the next day and received an automated response saying that the academic manager would be out until Jan 2nd. I'm hoping to get an idea of the agenda soon because the two dates overlap with an important personal commitment and I will need to reschedule some flights.

When would it be OK to email the program again? Does anyone have experience with this particular program/school? Any insights? Thanks!

Hey! I am in the program currently. We were on intersession from the 23rd-2nd. If you need a quick reply then I would email again.

51 minutes ago, MadElf said:

Hey! I am in the program currently. We were on intersession from the 23rd-2nd. If you need a quick reply then I would email again.

Thanks for your reply! I actually just heard back.

Would you be willing to provide any insight into the recruitment event? If not, no biggie. Just wondering if it felt adversarial/competitive vs. cooperative.  And also wondering if you recall how many people they invite to this thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Sure. The recruitment event is standard: tours, interviews, meals. My interview was fun! I got to know the current grad students and enjoyed talking with the professors. The grad students and department are cooperative but it is a competitive school and we are expected to perform at a high level (if that makes sense). I'm not sure what insights you are looking for so if you want to know something specific just ask. My year they invited 16 people last year they invited over 30 - I do not know for this year. 

• 1 month later...