Do grad schools care if you pass/fail a class?

dobiegerl

Question

I have two semester left of school but I only have four classes that I need to graduate. Because of how strenuous some of the classes are I wanted to spread them out over two semesters. Because of this I have a lot of extra space on my schedule. My GPA is okay but I'm really trying to pull it up as much as I can (3.62). I have 12 hours of regularly graded classwork but I'm worried that only taking 12 hours may look bad especially since 6 of those hours are independent study courses (ULA position and honors thesis research) so I was thinking about picking a class that looks fun but I might not normally take if it were graded on the letter scale and pass/fail it so that I will have a standard courseload (15 hrs) and can focus on the other classes to try to pull up my GPA. However, I'm planning on applying to poli sci phd programs next fall and I'm concerned how pass/failing a course would look. I'm thinking about taking either a history or classics course so not in my major but somewhat adjacent to my major. Will this be a red flag on grad school applications? TIA

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet