Schools that interview: do they interview everyone who has a chance?

Pentadiene

I have successfully entered the anxious phase. For the entire December I did not even think about grad school, but last week I got my first rejection letter from a small cancer bio program (which is completely normal since I do chemistry lol), so here we go. 

For the schools that interview, do they generally interview everyone/most people who has a chance? If I do not get interview requests at the time they send those out, does that mean I have already been eliminated? Or does that depend on school and some just interview people that they are not sure of (I guess?)

I just really wanna get into Princeton lol. Please. Chemistry god. 

On 1/9/2020 at 1:49 PM, Pentadiene said:

I have successfully entered the anxious phase. For the entire December I did not even think about grad school, but last week I got my first rejection letter from a small cancer bio program (which is completely normal since I do chemistry lol), so here we go. 

For the schools that interview, do they generally interview everyone/most people who has a chance? If I do not get interview requests at the time they send those out, does that mean I have already been eliminated? Or does that depend on school and some just interview people that they are not sure of (I guess?)

I just really wanna get into Princeton lol. Please. Chemistry god. 

I have no idea how Princeton works. Do you know what kind of interview they're doing? (Eg: technical, behavioral, etc)

Many schools interview internationals to test English fluency; not so many interview for aptitude. I know MIT inorganic (maybe other fields too, idk?) interviews a select portion of the applicants and then sends offers to about 50% of them. I don't know if this is normal though. Some bioE programs interview everyone who made it past a certain point to 1) make sure they know their stuff and didn't fake their research/application and 2) to screen out super socially incompatible people. 

Good luck!