Fall 2020 PhD Information Science/CIS/Data Science Applicants

bananamuffins

Thank you @katzell and @betun.  I have decided to wait for the official word before I make any other plans but for now I'm thinking I'll probably spend the rest of the year working on my own projects, try to build my portfolio and body of work in data science and see how things go.  I'll also keep looking at schools and deciding what direction I want to take next admissions round :). Thank you both for your support. I am wishing the very best for everyone, let's keep each other updated!

I was just unofficially told by my PI of interest that I will be receiving an offer letter to Drexel! Great to have some good news during this time!

Edited by katzell

2 hours ago, katzell said:

I was just unofficially told by my PI of interest that I will be receiving an offer letter to Drexel! Great to have some good news during this time!

@katzell That is excellent news!! Congratulations :) Very wonderful news to get during this isolated time.  Wonderful.

22 hours ago, katzell said:

And just got the official offer letter! Stipend is 26k and have to let them know by 4/10

@katzell Congrats! did the offer come via email or snail mail? 

On 3/18/2020 at 12:03 PM, katzell said:

And just got the official offer letter! Stipend is 26k and have to let them know by 4/10

Congratulations! Way to go! You must be over the moon!

On 3/19/2020 at 11:37 AM, katzell said:

@izzebot through email!  

I got an acceptance email from the department coordinator yesterday! Still waiting on the 'official' Drexel acceptance though so my application still shows as pending -__-...

19 hours ago, izzebot said:

I got an acceptance email from the department coordinator yesterday! Still waiting on the 'official' Drexel acceptance though so my application still shows as pending -__-...

Congratulations!! @izzebot That is wonderful news for you!!

Didn't received offer from Drexel, but I just got an email from another professor that I didn't mentioned in the personal statement asking if I am interested in working with him. I guess Drexel put me in the waitlist. 

Got the official word that my application was unsuccessful. Didn't get an official email yet but it was on the portal. I'm obviously disappointed but such is life! Best of luck to everyone who was accepted and hope it all goes well and smoothly for you :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 12:28 AM, WendyK said:

Didn't received offer from Drexel, but I just got an email from another professor that I didn't mentioned in the personal statement asking if I am interested in working with him. I guess Drexel put me in the waitlist. 

@WendyK That sounds promising!! Did you get a formal offer yet?  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

• 2 weeks later...