NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020-2021

numz

13 hours ago, numz said:

I emailed NSERC and got an automated response that the notification of decisions got mailed out just today. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the update! With that, we should expect the results in few days. I also contacted our graduate funding office and they told me they don't receive the results as the PDF applications are sent independent from the school.

22 hours ago, pm123 said:

I received the NSERC mail today. I was not offered an award.

I'm so sorry to hear that, that must be difficult. Hope you are still able to secure a postdoc successfully!  I still haven't received mine yet, west coast problems. 

On 1/31/2020 at 5:36 AM, pm123 said:

I received the NSERC mail today. I was not offered an award.

Was that snail mail or e-mail? I'm in Australia and want to estimate how long it's going to take. Thanks.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:35 PM, numz said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, that must be difficult. Hope you are still able to secure a postdoc successfully!  I still haven't received mine yet, west coast problems. 

Thanks! Now, I  have to contact my prospect lab to let the PI know about the results. Maybe she can fund me without the scholarship. Did you get your results? Are you fixed on doing a postdoc or perhaps looking to join the industry as well?

On 2/1/2020 at 2:08 AM, Oleander said:

Was that snail mail or e-mail? I'm in Australia and want to estimate how long it's going to take. Thanks.

I received it in mail on Jan 30 and today (February 3rd), I received the ranking results in mail. Also, I live in Montreal; maybe that has to do with the quicker delivery. 

On 2/3/2020 at 6:15 PM, pm123 said:

Thanks! Now, I  have to contact my prospect lab to let the PI know about the results. Maybe she can fund me without the scholarship. Did you get your results? Are you fixed on doing a postdoc or perhaps looking to join the industry as well?

I did, I didn't get it either :( I had actually just left industry (after 1 year) to do a postdoc, but thankfully, my prof can fund me for atleast 1 year. I hope your PI is able to do the same!

14 hours ago, M.Attia said:

I live in Montreal and I did not get anything so far!!

How did it go with you? Were you accepted?

I live in Montreal and I got mine on Jan 30 and my application was not successful. If you haven't heard from them by now, it is likely that you are not accepted.  It looks like they send the acceptance letters sooner (more like in mid Jan) rather than later. 

20 hours ago, pm123 said:

I live in Montreal and I got mine on Jan 30 and my application was not successful. If you haven't heard from them by now, it is likely that you are not accepted.  It looks like they send the acceptance letters sooner (more like in mid Jan) rather than later. 

They mistyped my apartment number and both envelopes were returned. They sent me a copy by e-mail yesterday. I am on the shortlist of alternates. So I think my chances are very little. I don't think they will get more funds and I don't believe someone would reject his/her offer. Are you on that waitlist?

On 2/11/2020 at 4:24 AM, M.Attia said:

They mistyped my apartment number and both envelopes were returned. They sent me a copy by e-mail yesterday. I am on the shortlist of alternates. So I think my chances are very little. I don't think they will get more funds and I don't believe someone would reject his/her offer. Are you on that waitlist?

Ouch. That's terrible! I was shortlisted for Committee 194. I believe people reject their offers if they get a more prestigious scholarship or a professorship - so really hoping for the best for people in my category so that I can get the NSERC. ?

3 hours ago, numz said:

Ouch. That's terrible! I was shortlisted for Committee 194. I believe people reject their offers if they get a more prestigious scholarship or a professorship - so really hoping for the best for people in my category so that I can get the NSERC. ?

I was also shortlisted for committee 194! If you dont mind me asking, can I know what your ranking was? Mine was 23 so my chances are very little I think! 

On 2/14/2020 at 12:30 PM, BBmary said:

I was also shortlisted for committee 194! If you dont mind me asking, can I know what your ranking was? Mine was 23 so my chances are very little I think! 

OMG thats kinda crazy! I was 22!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, chickadee02 said:

I'm waitlisted in committee 169. When I emailed NSERC for more info, they said that waitlist results will start to be sent out in April. If anyone gets off the waitlist, could you please post that here? 

Good luck to all other waitlisted peeps!

No word yet on a waitlist offer, but I'll update here if I hear anything too! I wonder if they'll be notifying via snail mail again, or e-mail?

Good luck as well!

21 hours ago, RCJ said:

No word yet on a waitlist offer, but I'll update here if I hear anything too! I wonder if they'll be notifying via snail mail again, or e-mail?

Good luck as well!

Thanks! Not sure how they will notify, assumed it would be snail mail again ?

• 3 weeks later...