Seeking Advice: Meeting with Fletcher Admissions Committee

Hey All -- Though accepted elsewhere, I was waitlisted for my top choice, Fletcher, and am meeting with the Admissions Committee this coming week in an attempt to upgrade my status to a full admit, either for Fall 2010 or Spring 2011. Beyond addressing what I perceive as any gaps in my profile that weren't addressed in my initial application, does anyone have any advice to share on what to say to the Admissions staff? For current or accepted Fletcher students, what about your/your application do you think caught their eye?

My stats are all well within range or above range, but I am on the younger side (will have a little over one year relevant full-time work experience, plus several State Department/congressional internships and 8 months abroad in my region of focus).

Any thoughts are welcome, thanks very much.

Hey All -- Though accepted elsewhere, I was waitlisted for my top choice, Fletcher, and am meeting with the Admissions Committee this coming week in an attempt to upgrade my status to a full admit, either for Fall 2010 or Spring 2011. Beyond addressing what I perceive as any gaps in my profile that weren't addressed in my initial application, does anyone have any advice to share on what to say to the Admissions staff? For current or accepted Fletcher students, what about your/your application do you think caught their eye?

My stats are all well within range or above range, but I am on the younger side (will have a little over one year relevant full-time work experience, plus several State Department/congressional internships and 8 months abroad in my region of focus).

Any thoughts are welcome, thanks very much.

How was your personal statement? I applied to 6 schools and was rejected by the three with the first deadlines, and I think a major reason was that my personal statement was not as strong for those. I was accepted at the other three schools (including Fletcher), all with varying levels of funding (and from these boards I think with my stats/experience I could have gotten into one or maybe two of the others with better statements).

Apart from having better statements overall, I added an introductory paragraph to the statements for the last three schools that was a lot more interesting than the standard "I want to pursue this degree because...." and I think that helped a lot.

Edited by Minerva473