In Need of Help - Please

kaydrew

Hello, 

I am finishing my 2nd masters. I am 2 classes away and should be done by June. My first masters is a MFA Creative Writing - Fiction and this second masters is a MA English - Gothic Studies. My next goal is a PhD program in English, Literature, or Creative Writing. I am struggling to find any programs. Due to having special needs pets and living in the middle of Indiana, I need an program that is all online (I will have finished both masters online). I need help and advice on schools. So far, I have found Old Dominion University's PhD program. It is on my list, but I am apprehensive about the 2 summer sessions that require travel to the main campus. I am also apprehensive about the language requirements I have been seeing. Are there any programs that don't require a language requirement? Does anyone know of online PhD programs? 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty new to this forum, but I suspect this post would better fit in the Literature, Rhetoric, and Composition sub-forum.

I personally haven't found any Creative Writing PhDs online, but I take that with a grain of salt. I've been looking into teaching-intensive programs and haven't considered online programs. None of the programs I've seriously looked into lack a second language requirement. 

What kind of goal do you have in acquiring a PhD? I think that will determine if an online PhD is compatible with your needs.