The UVA Waitlist

Eshearer

Friends who are on the waitlist for UVA... How are you doing? How are you holding up?

What do you wanna study? Goals? Dreams?

Since we are all in this together right now I figured we could try and raise one another up!

Ian d'thou - No, I applied to UVA's masters program and am waiting to hear back. I was curious because I haven't seen any conversation on their masters program, but since their PhD decisions are being made, fingers crossed that masters decisions will follow shortly! Best of luck to you!! 

Best of luck m97, and Eshearer. Yeah UVA is a great program and fit. Also waiting on decisions from Harvard and Chicago Div.. Good news is a lot of programs are posting so hopefully there will be movement on the waitlist! m97- I think masters decisions are separate, but hopefully you'll hear soon!

I just officially withdrew my application today. So, if I happened to be ahead of anyone in the waitlist, hopefully this bumps you up a bit! I paid my deposit for Drew, so that's where I'm headed this fall. Hope things work out for all of you!

On 2/21/2020 at 6:32 PM, batyah said:

I just officially withdrew my application today. So, if I happened to be ahead of anyone in the waitlist, hopefully this bumps you up a bit! I paid my deposit for Drew, so that's where I'm headed this fall. Hope things work out for all of you!

Happy for you. Best of luck there this Fall. I hope it works out for all of us! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 2:02 PM, coffee2700 said:

Has anyone heard anything about people accepting offers or movement on waitlists? Should I abandon hope? I am Christian Theological Perspectives track! 

I haven't heard anything on movement. I did hear a few weeks ago that they had a low number of accepted initial offers. It seems like a lot of folks were holding out to see other offers. I'm not sure if the Corona shut-down will slow things up either. I'm sure those initial offers will keep us on pins and needles until the deadline.

On 3/16/2020 at 2:02 PM, coffee2700 said:

Has anyone heard anything about people accepting offers or movement on waitlists? Should I abandon hope? I am Christian Theological Perspectives track! 

Also I have heard from a couple of their faculty members that the majority of their Phd students get in off the waitlist... so there's some hope!

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ian d'thou said:

Do you mind if I ask how you were notified?

Yeah! I was emailed by a prof.  That is unusual however from what I understand.  When I went to check my application portal it had changed to accepted.

20 minutes ago, Eshearer said:

Yeah! I was emailed by a prof.  That is unusual however from what I understand.  When I went to check my application portal it had changed to accepted.

Well congrats and enjoy. I know it's the realization of a dream.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 12:07 PM, Eshearer said:

My friends! I have been accepted off the Waitlist.  I will be attending UVA as a doctoral student in Christian Theological Perspectives! 

Good luck to all of you!

Just saw this - so happy for you! Congrats!