UPenn MSE CIS VS CMU MSAII

wheredoigo

Hi All,

I am really confused between the 2 programs. My end goal is to be in a leadership position of a tech company. Currently, I am leaning towards UPenn as CIS is a well established general degree whereas MSAII is super specific. To be honest, I like MSAII's curriculum better. Any inputs would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by wheredoigo

I'm a PhD student in Penn's CIS program.  Since you want to eventually transition to management/leadership roles, the proximity and often close interaction with Penn's Business School (Wharton) might be an additional factor to consider. There are various resources for Wharton and Penn Engineering students who are interested in working together that might be worth looking into!

On 2/14/2020 at 11:24 PM, shreyasskandan said:

I'm a PhD student in Penn's CIS program.  Since you want to eventually transition to management/leadership roles, the proximity and often close interaction with Penn's Business School (Wharton) might be an additional factor to consider. There are various resources for Wharton and Penn Engineering students who are interested in working together that might be worth looking into!

That sounds interesting. I'll try to dig more. Thank you. I talked to a few students in CIS, they advised me to go to MSAII. Super confused.