MS MIS advice

seventstrat

I'm currently going into my senior year at florida state university. I'm an information technology major, and I'd like to get a masters in management information systems. I realize that there are typically two types of programs, one being more technical, and the other being more business oriented. My end goal is to become an IT Project Manager, and thus, I'd like a more business oriented program. Does anyone know of any schools that offer a program like that?

Any advice is helpful! Thanks

I'm currently going into my senior year at florida state university. I'm an information technology major, and I'd like to get a masters in management information systems. I realize that there are typically two types of programs, one being more technical, and the other being more business oriented. My end goal is to become an IT Project Manager, and thus, I'd like a more business oriented program. Does anyone know of any schools that offer a program like that?

Any advice is helpful! Thanks

University of Arizona has a top rated MS MIS program within their business college...

University of Arizona has a top rated MS MIS program within their business college...

I had heard that was a highly technical program... looking at the coursework it seems way more IT than business. I'm not sure if that fits the Project management role i'm trying to do. However, if it's highly ranked maybe it's a better idea to go there versus some other school.... thanks for the input. any other suggestions?

• 7 months later...

This is a little late but try the MISM program at the Heinz School at Carnegie Mellon. It is the number 1 ISM program according to US News. It is more business-oriented than technical, though CMU does have other programs in IT management that are more technical.