CSUN MSW Fall 2020

NatMSW

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 4:06 PM, Jacks90 said:

Hi!

I recently got put on the waitlist ? I was wondering if anyone else has, and the chances of being accepted from the waitlist? It’s the only school I applied to. 

Hi I have seen on this forum from past years people being accepted and they where on the waitlist. If I may ask when was your interview with CSUN?  

@msw/kg  Hi :) Yes same here! I've seen people from past forums accepted from the wait list. Just trying to stay hopeful and not give up yet cause theres still a chance. My interview was the same day as yours, on March 11th @ 1:30 pm. Did you hear back from the program? Thanks for replying to my post! 

3 hours ago, Jacks90 said:

@msw/kg  Hi :) Yes same here! I've seen people from past forums accepted from the wait list. Just trying to stay hopeful and not give up yet cause theres still a chance. My interview was the same day as yours, on March 11th @ 1:30 pm. Did you hear back from the program? Thanks for replying to my post! 

No I haven't heard back from the program. Im so stressed out lol. If you don't mind me asking when did you get the email about the waitlist? 

On 4/18/2020 at 12:10 PM, Jacks90 said:

@msw/kg   Ya no worries. I received an email about the waitlist this past Monday on April 13th. I would stay hopeful! They could still be going through the interview applicants. Which program did you apply to? The 2 year or 3 year cohort? 

@Jacks90 Hopefully that is it and I applied to either 2 or 3 year. Which one did you apply to? Honestly I know you will get into the program, you are the first person I heard has gotten waitlisted. Theres a group on FB and most members post when they get acceptance from universities. 

@msw/kg  I applied to the 2 year program, but I called admissions the day after I got wait listed to be also added to the 3 year wait list. I tried to also be added to the online cohort wait list, but they said their already full. At that point I was willing to attend whichever program lol. Thank you for your encouraging words! I'm just trying to stay hopeful. I have a feeling their still going through applicants who interviewed. I'm pretty sure you'll hear back this week or next week. Did you apply to other schools? I didn't which I kind of regret. 

@Jacks90  Thank you I sure hope there still looking at applications and put me on the waiting list as well. I did apply to 2 other schools but got denied of one already. CSUN is my top choice, I live in the San Fernando Valley and CSUN is 5 miles away from my house. 

@msw/kg  Same, CSUN is my top choice as well. It's the closest school from my place that has a MSW program without having to move to a different city. I just wonder how much of the interview is a determining factor in acceptance or if it's on the application as a whole. Definitely keep me updated when you hear back! I'm pretty sure it will be soon, stay hopeful!! 

@jacks90 I have not heard back and I’m still waiting. I did get accepted to CSULA this week, so I am relived I have a back up. I really wanted CSUN but everything happens for a reason. Good Luck I hope you hear back soon.