UPenn IPD

kcux2020

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 12:04 AM, Sudhir Jain said:

I've applied in the program. I also haven't heard anything from them. 

@Sudhir Jain have you heard anything? I emailed the program, and the admissions director, about a week and a half ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Their admissions website says they *may* release results after May 8th, which seems crazy late to give a decision with a February deadline...

6 hours ago, kcux2020 said:

@Sudhir Jain have you heard anything? I emailed the program, and the admissions director, about a week and a half ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Their admissions website says they *may* release results after May 8th, which seems crazy late to give a decision with a February deadline...

I haven't heard anything from them. Did you applied in other similar programs? 

On 4/2/2020 at 6:38 PM, kcux2020 said:

@Sudhir Jain I applied and got accepted to CMU MIIPS, which I think is fairly similar with the partnership between the Business, Design, and Engineering schools. This will be my backup if I don't get into UPenn

I also got into CMU MIIPS. Don't you think it is better than IPD of UPenn?

I am also waiting for results of IDM MIT. 

14 hours ago, Sudhir Jain said:

I also got into CMU MIIPS. Don't you think it is better than IPD of UPenn?

I am also waiting for results of IDM MIT. 

I think it's got better name recognition perhaps since it's an older program. I do really like the UPenn IPD is 2 full years of study though, and the brand recognition of UPenn in general is really good.

When do you think we hear back from IPD? I understand IDM only recently sent out interview requests to applicants as well (I did not apply there).

17 hours ago, kcux2020 said:

I think it's got better name recognition perhaps since it's an older program. I do really like the UPenn IPD is 2 full years of study though, and the brand recognition of UPenn in general is really good.

When do you think we hear back from IPD? I understand IDM only recently sent out interview requests to applicants as well (I did not apply there).

I am not sure about when they will send the admits. But anyhow we have to reply CMU before April 15th. 

22 hours ago, Sudhir Jain said:

I got a reject from IPD today. So hopefully I'll be joining CMU.
Best wishes for your admit.  

Thank you! You as well. Can I ask how they notified you? I've been obsessively refreshing my email (Cornell Tech also said they're releasing decisions this week).