McMaster Global Health

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2020 at 11:32 PM, greensnakemedic said:

I applied to the McMaster MSc Global Health program, and the documents on my application are still listed as being "required". I have read that they will stay so until manually updated. I was wondering if others still have the same status? or has it been changed? Thanks!

Hi there! Mine is the same, everything shows Required except for References= Completed. I also messaged the department to enquire if decisions would be out on time and they said yes they are not expecting delays due to COVID.

Do you mind sharing your profile?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 7:12 PM, sammy12 said:

hey! have you guys heard back as yet from the Global Health program at McMaster?

Hey sammy, i haven't yet...wbu? (also pls feel free to pm me i literally know no one else who has applied to this program)

49 minutes ago, saralovescience said:

I received my offer of admission today :) There are also a couple of Canadian students who have heard in the past couple of days - so hopefully some of you will hear soon!

That's awesome, congratulations on your offer!! ? If you don't mind me asking do you have a lot of experience in the field and did you have a high gpa? I've heard its quite difficult to receive and offer and the program is really small but I'm keeping my hopes up! 

43 minutes ago, sammy12 said:

That's awesome, congratulations on your offer!! ? If you don't mind me asking do you have a lot of experience in the field and did you have a high gpa? I've heard its quite difficult to receive and offer and the program is really small but I'm keeping my hopes up! 

Hi there, thank you! :) My GPA was 3.7, and I had a biomedical sciences background and have been working in my field for almost 4 years, and also did quiet a lot of volunteering. From my understanding, they take into consideration having extracurricular activities and a genuine passion for global health, and it's not just about the high GPA.

Good luck!

17 hours ago, 1234class1234 said:

same here! do you guys think they'll send rejection letters soon? one of my friends told me they send acceptances up until september??

i think they send out acceptances over the summer for those who currently get waitlisted!

20 hours ago, Dipsy said:

Congrats on your offers guys! 

Is anyone else still waiting to receive an offer? Or has anyone received a rejection or wait list email?

still waiting! i don't know of anyone who has gotten a waitlist/rejection email as yet

also, just to let you folks know, when I got into medical school back in 2012, I applied to this program as a contingency plan. I was accepted into this program on August 1, so while things can change drastically in 8 years, it's not out of the ordinary to consider that this program will send acceptances well into the summer.

37 minutes ago, sammy12 said:

i'm still waiting as well! I feel as if they have sent out a lot of acceptances but trying to keep my hopes up! Does yours still say pending as well?

Yes it does! Hopefully we get some good news soon! Goodluck! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...